Saturday 25 October 2014

23 Things About 23

Hi guys!

So it's been a while since this darling old blog had a personal touch from yours truly. So I decided, on account of my 23rd birthday yesterday, to grace you laptops, desktops and other smart devices with this oddball.


  1. I am no less stupid than I was 48-ish hours ago.
  2. On the upside, that must mean I am also no less clever!
  3. In fact, I am positive that I am more clever because you learn new things everyday right?
  4. That doesn't mean I have stopped making mistakes though. 
  5. I feel like I'm at a point in my life where everything is about to take off. 
  6. I feel more ready that ever to begin something new. 
  7. I'm probably just riding the birthday high.
  8. Nothing is exactly the same, yet nothing has really changed.
  9. I have many bad habits I wish to put a permanent stop to. 
  10. I need to learn to be even more honest with myself.
  11. I can now no longer use the excuse of being too young, not that I ever really did.
  12. I think it's about time I started believing in myself. There are certain things I'm good at. There is no crime in admitting that.
  13. I have come a long way. God has been beyond faithful. Nothing I can say or do is thanks enough.
  14. The circle of life.
  15. At 23, I had better learn to fight my own battles in my own clean way.
  16. This next year of my life is about to be the mother of all learning curves, testing my patience, humility and common sense, hopefully with the potential of personal and promotional growth. Lord see me through. 
  17. I'm learning day by day that God has not given me the spirit of fear and so I tread boldly. 
  18. Opening myself up to love was the best decision I ever made. Though I was scared to begin with and I've been hurt, I have no regrets. 
  19. More God, less social media...it's becoming rather problematic.
  20. I need to learn to find God in every situation, quite frankly.
  21. I'm really rather selfish.
  22. I take for granted the fact that I have people around me who are willing to go 5 extra miles on my behalf if necessary.
  23. The simple knowledge that I am loved will suffice for those days when things are just too difficult. 
My pledge for this 23rd year is simple: to leave people's lives better off than how it was when I was introduced into it, if only marginally. 

Thanks for indulging me as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment